Monday, March 05, 2012

Make It Monday: Diaper Strap




This Make It Monday project makes me so giddy. Well I guess the cat’s out of the bag, yes I get giddy over uber stylish, yet simple DIYer’s. This diaper strap is a definite must have for every modern mommy.

I was searching for sewing projects to use up some small pieces of fabric that have been filling up my craft bin and stumbled across a tutorial for a diaper strap. I’d never heard of it before, but now that I have made my own I’m beginning to wonder how I survived the last two years without one, or two or three. The strap snugly contains a couple of diapers, a wipes container and a change pad if you like, so that it is a handy changing package that you can toss in your purse, backpack, gym bag, car, or wherever. 

The tutorial is very well put together with excellent photos so I didn’t make my own step by step tutorial. Click the Diaper Strap Tutorial for directions on how to make your own.





Of course you can add whatever embellishments you like. I’m a big fan of the button and it's Daddy friendly. But I also decided to kick it up a notch by making a ribbon flower corsage. And for you non-sewers, all you need is ribbon and hot glue, Hallelujah! Again, I discovered an excellent tutorial for the corsage. Click Flower Corsage Tutorial for directions.







Bonus! The flower is detachable so if I want to pin it to my shirt I can, that way people are less likely to notice the drool stains on my shoulder. So excited. Please make one. Or buy one from my Etsy shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment