Monday, July 30, 2012

Make It Monday: Modern Note Clipboard



My experience is that the spot next to the phone gets cluttered up with all sorts of odd papers and cards that rarely seem to find a home. To combat the problem that impedes on my rare dusting missions, I put together this handy Modern Note Clipboard.

What you'll need:

1 X 4 piece of wood, 16" in length - finished with routered edges and sanded smooth (thanks Jonas!)
Paint in your desired colour
Paint brush
Cutting mat
Rotary cutter

Fancy paper
5 clothespins
Mod podge or similar
Small paint brush
Hot glue




Directions:


Step 1. Paint the wood in your desired colour, dry between coats. I chose black to match my decor.

Step 2. Cut the fancy paper to the size of the clothespins and affix it to the front of the clothespins with a thin layer of mod podge.

Step 3. Once the paint is dry mark the spots where you want the clothespins mounted and use hot glue to secure them in place. I mounted one in the centre, two 1" from each side, and two centred between the centre and side clothespins. I mounted them about 1.5" from the top of the wood panel.

Step 4. Secure it to the wall. I drilled two holes in the back of the wood panel and mounted it on screws in the wall.



And now I can dust my counter with ease.




Happy Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment